Let Them Eat P.I.E.!
Everyone who wants to be successful would prefer to get there much faster rather than later. While everyone’s success timeline is different, The Intuitive Group would like to share some insight on how to get there a little quicker and more efficiently with P.I.E.!
- P- Performance: For people to start viewing you as a leader/business owner/etc. you must first prove you can perform at the highest level:
- Be the top performer
- Take the lead
- Complete tasks before requested
- Go the extra mile
- I-Image: Your image is your first impression to everyone, and most often how you are perceived by those around you. Keep in mind the following and remember image is not just about how you look:
- Be well dressed (think CEO)
- Have a great attitude
- Show consistency
- Have a sense of professionalism (but don’t forget to have fun)
- E-Exposure: There is truth behind the statement “it pays to know people”, especially in business. Exposure, or networking, allows you to build relationships and strong partnerships that help you and your team grow. Your exposure also gives you the chance to learn from others failures and successes. The best way to increase your exposure is to take advantage of every networking opportunity:
- 1 on 1s
- Business Trips
As you can see, P.I.E. has the elements necessary to be successful. Each aspect is vital for the others to work. Without good performance and work ethic, your image can be negatively affected. Likewise if you have a poor image your exposure can cause you more harm than good; however, if put to use each element properly you have the ability to grow faster than you might have ever thought.
Sources from Harvey Coleman’s book “Empowering Yourself”
- Visualization and performance excellence. (rickva.wordpress.com)
- Gain quality International Industry exposure through PGDM Program (ifeeleducation.wordpress.com)
- More daytime exposure to natural light is the answer to sleepless nights (express.co.uk)
- The Importance Of How To Properly Manage Your Image (primoperez.com)
- Strategic Leadership is “Replacing Old Stories with New Stories” (leadingstrategicinitiatives.com)