The Intuitive Group: Fundamentals of Personal Leadership
Often as an entrepreneurial minded individual, your business life and personal life can run together. To be a great leader in business you must be a great leader in your personal life as well. Follow these 7 Fundamentals of Personal Leadership and your leadership presence in business will also grow:
- Learning. Read books that will inspire you and strengthen your character. If reading does not sound appealing, audio books are a great resource as well.
- Affirmations. One of the best ways to eliminate limiting beliefs and failure programs within your mind is through the consistent repetition of positive statements about the leader you want to become and the achievements you commit to create. For example, reciting the affirmation “Today I am focused, excellent, and stunningly passionate in all I do” a number of times at the beginning of your day will create the mind-set of a champion and winning emotional state for you.
- Visualization. The mind works through pictures. Every great accomplishment from the tallest skyscraper in New York City to the most stunning inventions of American geniuses like Thomas Edison and Benjamin Franklin-began with a series of pictures set in the imagination of their creators. All outer achievements begin within the mind. All progress is nothing more than invisible creativity made visible. Make time to close your eyes and – like any good elite athlete does – envision yourself realizing your goals, playing at your best, and fully awakening your inner leader.
- Journaling. Writing in a journal is a remarkably strong way to become a clearer thinker, to build massive amounts to self-awareness, and to record your intended outcomes. Note your insights, feelings, hopes, and dreams. Also process through any frustrations you might be experiencing and go deep into your fears. The fears you embrace are the fears you’ll release. Really get to know yourself and reconnect with all the talent within you that’s just waiting to be unleashed. Your journal is also a place to express gratitude for all you have and to memorialize your journey through life. Your life is a gift. And so it’s worth recording.
- Goal Setting. Setting and the reconnecting with your goals on a regular basis is a powerful success discipline. Your goals will create a fantastic amount of focus in your career and within your life. Goals generate hope and positive energy. And when you experience adversity – and we all do from time to time – clearly articulated goals offer you a North Star to guide you out of the rough seas into calmer waters. Goals also ensure that you live life deliberately and productively versus re-actively and accidentally.
- Exercise. Doing something physical each day boosts brain function, fuels far higher energy levels, helps you manage stress more effectively, and keeps you in the game longer.
- Nutrition. What you eat determines how well you’ll perform. Leadership is influenced by your diet. By eating like a winner, your energy will remain at a peak and your moods will stay positive. Please also remember that by eating less food you’ll be able to do better work.
( These 7 fundamentals came from the book The Leader Who Had No Title by Robin Sharma)