The Intuitive Group: Attributes of a Real Salesperson
Cold Calling skills are essential when your goal is to be a top sales person.
We live in a digital age where people consider themselves “salespeople” just because they studied business in college or responded to inbound leads provided by marketing. It is fair to say that technology has evolved the sales process and online marketing/social media gives a sales person a helping hand, yet at the end of the day a real sales person understands human behavior. They understand the way people want to be approached irrespective of the channel or method; whether it is via email, phone, social media etc.
For example, in the same way that we hate being called up by a telemarketer who is clearly reading a script, sounding phony and impersonal, we don’t like receiving mass email blasts, which are clearly marketing generated. These only work when your brand is recognized and trusted, NOT on a cold approach.
Real sales people can pick up the phone and generate their own leads. They understand how to create a prospecting or “approaching” strategy and the processes of executing against that strategy. They understand that some will take your call and some wont. Some will respond and others won’t. They are masters at crafting properly worded emails, with just enough messaging to intrigue the prospect to giving you a chance.
At the end of the day we are the same old human beings simply using new methods to communicate. If anything technology provides more transparency than ever before.
About The Intuitive Group, Inc.The Intuitive Group, Inc. is a privately owned company that performs sales, client acquisitions, and retention for Fortune 100 companies. We perform face-to-face sales and customer service with the small to mid-sized customers of our Fortune 100 clients; a proven method for winning new customers. Direct mail, telemarketing, and media advertising fail while our approach to sales achieves a success rate unheard of in other marketing strategies.
- RT @MatchSticksBBQ: Help us make our dream a reality! We greatly appreciate anyone passing this link along! gofundme.com/5hfyb0 Please … 3 years ago
- The one thing you can control is your work ethic. bit.ly/16IX2Qu 4 years ago
- Should Peter go through with his plan to make the salespeople pay their own expenses? bit.ly/16FGGb6 4 years ago
- "To be successful you must accept all challenges that come your way. You can’t just accept the ones you like." 4 years ago
- Scientists Discover One Of The Greatest Contributing Factors To Happiness — You'll Thank Us Later bit.ly/1apF6OJ 4 years ago
- "Learning is defined as a change in behavior. You haven't learned a thing until you can take action and use it." Don Shula 4 years ago
- 3 Reasons Your (Future) Boss Wants Leaders bit.ly/1fEfjGx 4 years ago
- Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~ Steve Jobs #leadership http://t.co/on5Xvyvg6Y 4 years ago